- We are a limited company with one employee, the director only, or
- We are a large company with several employees
- Offering products and or services to other businesses or to the public
- The public may visit our premises
There is no legal requirement for you to have this insurance cover.
The industry generally recommends that you take out cover against unforeseen circumstances which could put your business at risk should a claim for compensation be made against the company or any of its employees. If successful the compensation award could be substantial and more than likely put a strain on your company’s finances threatening your company’s existence and the future prospects of its employees. However, you need Employer’s Liability Insurance which is required by law.
- Employers Liability Insurance, covers your company should any member of your staff suffer an injury at your workplace or while working away at your customer’s premises as a result of their work or duties. This cover does not replace Public liability Insurance and it does not cover the public.